The program connects current MBA students with mentors from industry and alumni who can provide guidance, support and advice on a range of career-related topics and accelerate career growth.
Students will benefit from interacting with alumni and industry professionals to expand their professional networks and gain uniquely qualified insight into career areas of interest. Mentors will benefit from a rewarding program of learning and professional development and a chance to further develop your leadership and coaching skills.
The Career Ready Mentoring MBA Mentoring program runs for 16 weeks commencing August 2017. Mentors and mentees can engage in the program at any time.
- Participants meet as often as negotiated between mentee and mentor.
- Students are responsible for the relationship and will initiate first contact and manage meetings
- Meetings can take place where and when it is convenient for both participants. These include: meeting in person or audio or video conversations via skype or email.
About our MBA students
The mentoring program is open to all currently enrolled La Trobe University MBA students. Our students come from a diverse range of backgrounds and disciplines.
- Are enrolled in a La Trobe MBA course of study
- Are seeking guidance on career planning and job options
- Have applied for the program and been selected by the program coordinator (this is not a compulsory program)
- Have demonstrated commitment to the program by completing an online mentoring induction.
About our Mentors
We invite industry professionals and members of the University’s alumni community to register as a mentor in this program.
Mentors in this program:
- Have at least 10 years' of professional experience within a range of business and leadership roles
- Are actively working or volunteering
- Can be from any field and do not need to be working in a field related to their degree
- Are able to commit to mentoring partnership over a 16 week time frame