Information for Mentors
Thank you for considering being involved with the La Trobe Industry Mentoring Program. This program gives you the opportunity to connect with a La Trobe student and to offer support in a meaningful and personalised way as they navigate the world of work.
Eligibility and Structure
Mentor registrations are welcomed year-round. The program is flexible and designed to meet the needs of busy professionals. Your registration will allow you to be considered for an appropriate match with a La Trobe student in the next round. Upcoming rounds include:
Semester 1 2020 Round: March 2020 - June 2020
Semester 2 2020 Round: August 2020 - October 2020
Mentors in this program need to be currently employed with at least one year of professional work experience*. You do not need to be an alumni of La Trobe University to apply.
*If you have any questions about your eligibility or suitability for this program, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or (03) 9479 4790.
The benefits of mentoring
- Hear fresh perspectives from your mentee
- Develop coaching and mentoring skills
- Reflect on your knowledge and work practices
- Invest in the future workforce and give back to your industry
- Get exposure to students as potential employees
- Reconnect and establish mutually beneficial connections with La Trobe
- Share your professional passion with a highly motivated student
What should I expect from my mentee?
Mentees are responsible for driving the mentoring relationship. All students are required to attend a briefing in the lead up to a connection, which runs through expectations as well as tips on how to best prepare for mentoring.La Trobe run a number of initiatives and develop engagement materials for all participants in the program. La Trobe staff are on-hand if you encounter any issues during your mentoring round.