Mentoring is an opportunity to connect with an industry professional who is willing to work with you to help you achieve your professional development and employability goals, in a relaxed environment outside the classroom and workplace.
What can you gain from the Industry Mentoring Program?
- Career guidance and advice from an industry professional, including La Trobe alumni
- Connect with industry and expand your professional network
- Develop confidence communicating with industry professionals
- Help map career progression
- Take part in professional development opportunities
- Open up further professional opportunities
Career Ready Advantage
Active participation in the Industry Mentoring Program contributes towards the Career Ready Advantage Award Program.
Mentee registrations are welcomed all year. The program is flexible and is designed to meet the needs of busy students and professionals. Upcoming mentoring rounds include:
Semester 1 2020 Round: March 2020 - June 2020
Semester 2 2020 Round: August 2020 - October 2020
Industry Mentoring is open to all currently enrolled La Trobe University students who are aged 18 and over. Our students come from a diverse range of backgrounds and disciplines. Students are able to participate in one mentoring round during their study at La Trobe.
Once you have joined the program you are required to attend a briefing session in the lead up to the next mentoring round. Once you have attended a briefing, you will be considered for a mentoring connection.